How To Use Gear Doctors Special Edition Oxylus Self-Inflating Camping Pad
1- Take the pad out of the pouch and unroll it.
2- Open the valve completely and let the pad self-inflate for 3 minutes to reach 70% inflation.
3- Turn the knob to the "inflow setting" and use your mouth to top it up with extra few breaths to get more firmness.
4- Close the valve tightly and now your pad is set and ready to use!
1- After you are done using the pad, open the valve completely to let the air out.
2- After the pad is deflated roll the pad towards the valve with consistent pressure to ensure that the rest of the air leaves the pad.
3- Use the compression straps to keep the pad folded and hold it in place.
4- Store the pad in the carry pouch and you're done.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SLEEPING PAD?
1- Inflate the sleeping pad and close the valve.
2- Prepare a soft brush, cloth, sponge, and PH-neutral detergent soap or gel.
3- Use a wet sponge with soap to remove minor dirt or stains.
4- Get the soft brush and start removing any thick soil or pine tree wax from the pad.
5- Wipe the pad with a damp cloth to remove any residual soap
6- Hang the pad to dry after thoroughly cleaning it.
7- Avoid drying the sleeping pad in direct sunlight.
Never store your mattress wet!
HOW TO STORE YOUR SLEEPING PAD?
Follow the steps below to maintain the pad's long-term durability and air circulation, as well as to make self-inflation faster when camping.
1- Unroll the pad, allow it to self-inflate, add a few breaths and leave the valve open.
2- Make sure there is no moisture or humidity inside or outside the sleeping pad.
3- Keep the pad flat with the valve open & place it under your bed, behind the couch, on the bookshelf, or in the back of your closet.
HOW TO REPAIR A PUNCTURED PAD?
On some occasions, the sleeping pad may have punctures or holes by accident. Use the provided repair kit and follow the procedures below to fix the pad.
1- Submerge the inflated pad in a bathtub and look for bubbles coming out of the leak.
2- If you don't have access to a bathtub, rub the pad using a sponge with soap and water and look for little bubbles coming out.
3- Clean the leaking area, mark it, and let the pad dry completely.
4- Use the patch to cover the punctured area.
5- Rest the patch for 4 hours before inflating the pad.
HOW TO REPLACE THE VALVE CORE "O" RINGS
1- Twist the valve open till it doesn't move any further
2- Pull the valve Cap out, You'll be able to see the "O" Ring valve core
3- Pick the old "O" Ring Valve core gently using a hairpin or a tooth-pick
4- Place the new "O" Ring Valve Core, press it so it's well placed
5- Press the valve Cap to close the valve, and you're good to go!
• Always carry the stuff pouch to protect the sleeping pad from any unclean, wet materials, or harmful components.
• Your new sleeping pad has been folded, rolled, and stored since production. We recommend inflating it overnight with a closed valve before using it for the first time. If the sleeping pad has been stored for some time, follow the same steps.
• The sleeping pad should not be left damp for an extended period of time. Moisture will build up, potentially damaging the fabric. The warranty does not cover this.
• Do not overinflate as this will damage the sleeping pad.
• Do not leave the product inflated with a closed valve in direct sunlight, in your car, or in your tent.
• Do not expose the product to intense sunlight, hot objects, or flame.
• Do not use the product as a float or for life-saving.
• Do not use the product as a sliding pad.
• Do not use an electronic pump or hand pump to adjust inflation.
• Do not use cleaning products containing chlorine or DEET-based insect repellants and sunscreen.
• Keep the product out of the reach of pets.
• Protect the pad with a piece of protective fabric unless it's being used in a tent to avoid punctures from sharp objects.